Friday, February 8, 2008

Tickle Me Elmo + Austin = Not such a good mix

Jason finally changed the batteries on some of Austin's toys a couple nights ago, one being Tickle Me Elmo. I bought this for him because I thought it was so cute. I knew he was too young, but I thought it would be nice for him to have in a few months. Boy, was I wrong!

Elmo was out of service for quite a while due to the batteries. We had them, it just took a while to get around to doing it. Austin didn't mind him in the toy pile quiet and not moving.

Yesterday I turned it on after I gave him a bath. He had about an hour to play before bed time. I turned it on and Elmo went nuts and was moving all around the living room. Austin was near him and I was on the other side across the room. Austin just looked and observed for a few seconds, and then just started to pout and fuss and zoom over to me as fast as he could. I put it on the dancing stage thinking he would like that better. NOPE! He was holding onto me as tight as he could. Poor kiddo. I turned Elmo off and put him back into the toy pile. Austin could still see him and was uncomfortable with it. He didn't want to let go, and he kept an eye on Elmo to make sure he wasn't going to attack again. He was like this for a while, and I finally had to put Elmo out of sight. Hopefully he will get more used to it in a few more months.


3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh how funny! You never know what they are going to like! I remember you getting that for him too. I suppose if I didnt know any better and my purse or something started dancing and signing I'd be a little freaked too after being used to it being still. lol (okay dumb example!)

bridgetsmommy07 said...

poor kid, he will like it eventually im sure! I hope Bridget doesnt react that way, or maybe tickle me elmo is for us adults!! lol.

Peggy said...

LOL! Poor Austin. Elmo is so cute! I am sure he will like him later. We have a pile of "out of service" toys too. I should do some battery changing tomorrow!