Tuesday, February 26, 2008

March for Babies

The March of Dimes, March for Babies has kicked off for 2008. They changed the name form Walk America to March for Babies, and I think that is just perfect.


Jason and I along with Family and Friends have done this every year since Autumn passed away in 2003. I did miss last year due to just giving birth to Austin. This year we are taking Austin with us, and are very excited to participate. We walk for our Daughter, Autumn.

The March of Dimes is just amazing. They stay in contact with me all year long and I have met some very wonderful people. They have some great events that we try to go to that benefit preterm babies. When Jason and I were ready to get pregnant again, I contacted them and we set up a meeting at Hutzel Hospital. They wanted to take us on a tour of the Hospital because they have found it is the absolute best place around for High Risk Pregnancies and Premature Babies. Once we met, we had a full tour of the Maternity Ward and the NICU. After the tour we talked for a while and they helped me choose a High-Risk Doctor. The rest they say, "is history."

"Many people today are unaware of how many premature babys are born. We just want to share our story and do what we can to help give premature babies a better future. Today in the U.S., 1 in every 8 babies will be born prematurely. Some of them won't survive, and others will have health problems that could last a lifetime. The funds we raise in WalkAmerica support research that saves babies' lives.

The March of Dimes mission is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality."





1 comment:

Peggy said...

I love the name! I hope you have a beautiful walk and Austin enjoys the ride:) I assume you will bring him in a stroller? Maybe you can decorate his stroller in memory of his sister.