Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"Catching Up"

I decided to take two days off work and spend some time with Austin. He has been doing this weird twitching/shuddering thing lately and he had me really freaked out. I decided after much worrying to just take him to the Doc to check it out. I was so tired of worrying about it. We went yesterday and he is OK! the Doc was happy we came in and he really calmed me down, he was wonderful. He didn't think I was crazy for taking him in either. I am so glad we switched Doctors! He said this type of thing is normal, and we can all do this sometimes. He said pay attention to it and if he keeps it up we will do an EEG. I don't think we will have to, I haven't noticed it much since we went to get it checked out, go figure!

Today Jason, Austin and I had a Awesome day together. We had a chance to spend the day togehter and really "catch up." Jason had the day off too! We started out by going to The Henry Ford Museum. I haven't been there since I was a kid on a field trip. I was so excited to go! Austin had fun and didn't act up at all. We walked around with him on our shoulders for a bit and he really loved that!


The Museum is such a cool place. I can't wait to take Austin there when he can learn about everything. He fell asleep after his bottle in his stroller. He was such a cutie, as always.


The fun doesn't stop there! We decided to go to Chuck E Cheese and see if this would be a good place for Austin's 1st Birthday next Month. It was great and I know it will be a perferct place for Austin. He loved it so much. He really enjoyed the band, and wasn't scared of them at all like I was when I was young. They look like the exact same characters up there too. Anyway, here is Austin watching the band and having some snacks.




Next he went to play on some of the rides. I was so excited they had some toddler rides for him. At first he was kind of bored with them.







Once we got him into the cars, he was very happy. He loved to play with the steering wheel. He also liked when they moved. Dad and I played a couple games too :)








We went to the toddler area and Austin loved to climb and play. He was the happiest here. We let him climb while each of us were on one side. He was having a blast!





We worked really hard and got some tickets. Daddy rocked the Basketball and Mommy rocked the Skee-Ball. We got him this ball and he loves it...can you tell?

We really needed this, and I will be a much happier person because of these 2 days I got to spend with the Family! I can't wait to do it again soon!!

5 comments:

Just me, De said...

Austin looks so happy !! I'm sure he needed to spend time with you two also. I bet it did feel good just to be together.
I'm glad the doctor appt. went well.

bridgetsmommy07 said...

Im glad that you got to spend some time together as a family, its important!! Glad to hear that his doc appt went well. Talk to you all soon.

Jill said...

Austin looks like he had a blast! He just looks like such a sweet little boy, Dawn.

Ashley said...

Dawn,

I'm so glad you found me! I have often wondered how you and Austin were doing! He is absolutely adorable!

Looks like a fun outing -

I just upgraded my SLR to a canon 30D and I LOVE the 85mm fixed lens. I try to use a lot of natural light, but I still have so much to learn!

ashley

Peggy said...

That is so GREAT! Sometimes in our hectic busy schedules, we have to STEAL time just to be with the family. It is so refreshing.