Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Healthy Little Boy


Austin is 13 days old today. I can't believe it has almost been two whole weeks since hehas been here. I am finally able to enjoy him and not worry so much. He went to the doctor today and his jaundace has gone away and he is gaining weight again. After he was born, I tried to breastfeed and he wasn't getting enough so he lost a lot of weight and was jaundace. He had to go into the hospital for a couple of days and still he was dehydrated and jaundace. It was so frustrating! His doctor decided to put him on formula and since then it has been so much easier for both him and I. His color is so much better and he just seems so much more happy.
I didn't go to the doctor with him and daddy this morning, I needed to get some much needed rest. Daddy took him there then took him to his frist trip to the mall. They surprised me and bought Happy Feet. I thought it was so sweet :) Austin slept the whole time and just enjoyed the trip. After that we had to take him to Meijer to get a couple of things and he did amazing there too! HE is such a good baby, accept at night when he likes to be awake. We are working on that though.
Jason was sick this past weekend, and he gave it to me. I had a 100.6 temp this afternoon. I slept some and loaded up on meds and I'm feeling much better. Hope Austin doesn't get it.
So all is well with the Rockett family...FINALLY :)

No comments: