Thursday, July 31, 2008

Getting There

If feels like yesterday I found out I was expecting another baby. Time is really flying by. I am already done with the 1st Trimester and I couldn't be happier about that. I have the results from the test and the baby is normal, no problems. Although I am still struggling with "morning sickness." It went away for a couple weeks and I was feeling good. Well it hit me hard starting last week. I was driving to work and had to pull over to, well ya know. I decided to turn around and go home. It happened again a couple days later on my way to work. This time I was right around the corner. I started to feel really bad and thought I could get control of it. Well I was wrong. I was on a very very bad street in Detroit. This street scares me so much I usually don't stop for red lights. Well, of course I had to throw up and I refused to stop so all over it went. It was wonderful to walk into work like that! I got there and couldn't get ahold of myself so Jason had to come get me. I cant wait to stop feeling so yuckie all the time.

While I am on the subject of work, they offered me a lot more responsibility yesterday. I should say they forced me and gave me no choice. How fun! I had to talk to my boss and let her know I am going off work soon due to the pregnancy and she understood. While I am still at work for the next couple weeks, it is going to be crazy busy. I have been waiting for this, and expected a raise, for a couple years. Go figure I get it now.

Austin has been doing good lately. He has me a little worried still because he doesn't talk too much. Sometimes he will mimic sounds, and he will communicate by pointing. He just started that. He is quite difficult to control when we go out too. Like if we go out to eat or something. He screams just to hear himself and fusses a whole lot. We are disclipining him, but he doesn't seem to care or understand. Must be the age! On a good note we are taking him to an indoor waterpark next Friday. Austin LOVES water. We are staying one night, and I think he will really like it. I want to get him doing more activities and to watch much less television. He loves cartoons! This will be our last big family thing for quite a while. I will have to lay low soon after this.

My mom's Mother-in-Law passed away on Monday after her battle with Cancer. I didn't know her very well until she moved in with my mom and her husband, Mark last November. She was a very sweet, strong, funny Woman. Her and Austin got along very well and I think he would brighten up her day. She moved into Hospice about a month ago because my Mom and Mark couldn't take care of her anymore. I went there with Austin to say GoodBye. It was tough, and she wasn't too aware. She gave me a kiss, said she loved me and also said to be strong and keep on keeping on. She was struggling so hard and in a lot of pain, but she was trying to encourage me. She knew I was scared about being pregnant. She was an amazing Woman, and she is very missed. In the short time I got to know her, she became Family to me. She was just like a Grandma. Rest In Peace June Bug.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Yuck. Your MS sounds really bad. I only threw up once in the car with N&C the whole time. Sounds like a really bad part of Detroit to not even stop. :(
Are you taking an pregnancy pics? Are you showing much yet? Thats great that the tests came back fine - you are young so thats not a big surprise, but still reassuring. Did you say if you are finding out the sex of the baby?
If it makes you feel better N&C are 18.5 months and they just started talking more this last week. It can happen very suddenly. Nicholas yells at restaurants too. When you are resting with the pregnancy I recommend 'Happiest Toddler on the Block'. Maybe Jason can pick it up for you at the library?

Peggy said...

I am so sorry to hear you are still struggling with morning sickness. Having extra responsibilities at work has got to be tough now:( Soon you will be taking time off.
Sorry to hear about your family's loss. Cancer stinks!