Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Baby "Rice"

I went to get an ultrasound today. It was the scan for downsyndrome and other issues. We will have the results in about a week. Some people want to know and others don't. I want to know any and everything I can at all times.

It was such an amazing feeling to see my little baby up on the screen. I couldn't believe how much he or she has developed in several weeks. Last I saw, the baby was just the size of a peice of rice. This is why Jason calls the baby, "Baby Rice." The baby was moving around all over the place doing flips and waving. I was so happy and it really put all of this into perspective for me. I am very stressed out and uncomfortable, but it is so worth it and this isn't about me. It is about my growing family and Baby "Rice."

After the ultrasound we went to meet with the Doctor. We had to wait a while, but that's ok. She was very nice, and we let her know that we did not want to do the cerclage at all. She gave me the option, but we don't think it is good for our situation. She understood and respected our decision. Looks like I am still due to start the progesterone shots in a month. She also mentioned me going off work in a month. She wants to put me off before we notice changes and hope this helps my anxiety level. I still had high Blood Pressure, but it was slowly going down. Didn't go down to a good level, but she was happy it wasn't staying up very high. On a good note, my cervical length is holding strong at 40mm and still closed.

I am very excited today, it was a good day. I can now feel bonded with my little Baby "Rice."



1 comment:

Jill said...

WOW Dawn! Those pictures took my breath away! Baby Rice looks so developed already! That is amazing!!! Why did you decide to pass on the cerclage (I don't know much about cerclages)?
I am glad your cervix is looking so well!!!