Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm a Lucky Girl

I went in today for an ultrasound and a checkup. I was very scared and my heart was racing when they took my BP. I am so lucky because everything was perfect. My cervix was very long again measuring 40mm! It grew!! When she put pressure on my uterus it funneled a small amount, but nothing too concerning at all. I was so happy!! Kayla looks awesome and is between 2.5 and 3 pounds already! Yay Kayla!! When I saw the Doctor he was very positive and didn't even check my cervix. We had a great talk and all is awesome. I am going in Friday for another FFN test and may be able to skip a week between appointments. I am just about 29 weeks and very lucky to be doing so well. Gotta love the dynamic cervix!!

Here is a pic of growing Kayla

Here is a pic of me doing what I do best right now...laying on the couch

5 comments:

Just me, De said...

from Kayla's profile, she has the same nose as Autin!! how cute

Unknown said...

Dawn Im so happy for you!!! Kayla is beautiful :)

Jill said...

Thats so awesome!!! And I agree - Kayla looks so cute in that u/s pic!

bridgetsmommy07 said...

I can not wait to meet that little girl!! Way to go Dawn and Kayla. Only a few more weeks to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

My name is Kirsten, and I'm a member of the public relations team that raises awareness for FullTerm, The Fetal Fibronectin test. I read your blog with interest and thought you might like to learn more about the test. Check out www.fullterm.net, and feel free to include the site as a link to your blog so that readers can access the information.

Additionally, if you're interested in helping spread awareness about the benefits of the FullTerm Test, please contact me by emailing fullterm@schwartz-pr.com. My team generates stories about the benefits of the test among women at high risk for delivering early in national, local and online outlets. In the last few months we've secured stories in Working Mother magazine, the FitPregnancy Blog and the Boston Parent's Paper. Most recently we secured the following article on the Lively Women Blog: http://www.livelywomen.com/2008/12/05/interview-prevention-of-preterm-births/#more-1458

We're always interested in speaking with women who had the test and are willing to share their experience to make sure other, at-risk pregnant women know there is a test available to help predict premature birth.

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,
Kirsten