Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Back to My Old Pregnant Ways

I didn't have a very good Appointment today. My cervix has made a change for the worse. It shortened from 42mm to 28mm. I was really discouraged when I heard the news, but worse things could happen. The Doctor came in to look at my cervix and said it is still red and inflamed. Sometimes that happens with pregnancy. He said he was happy with the location of my cervix, it is kind of twisted so baby's head isn't putting all of the pressure on it. We are not sure why it shortened and it is a cause for alarm, but he didn't find it necessary to admit me to the Hospital. He said it is probably going to be like my last pregnancy from here on out. For those of you who remember that, it was a very tough ride. I have to continue to take it very easy and I go in Friday for a FFN test. This is a test that tells if there is a possibility that I deliver in the next 2 weeks. The Doctor said if I do get a negative that is very accurate, but if it is positive, it's only 15% accurate. So, we are of course hoping for a negative. I also get the steroid shots on Friday to help develop baby's lungs just incase. Austin got these shots 2 times and they are very helpful. I al grateful to at least make it to almost 27 weeks without problems. I am still going to go very far, it's just going to get very tough now. This baby girl is more than worth it though! Please keep us in your Prayers.

1 comment:

Jill said...

How far are you now? Its good they were keeping an eye on you. Darn! Good thing you've already been taking it easy. I will pray you go much much farther.