Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pregnancy Drama


I am already having Pregnancy Drama, and it really bums me out. It is hard to be excited about something that is so difficult to go through. I have been suffering very bad from Hypermesis, which is also known as morning sickness. Last Wednesday while at work I was so sick I couldn't stand it anymore. It wasn't getting any better and I gave up fighting it. I came home early and thank God, Jason was off work that day. I went straight to lay down and relax. Almost right away I was throwing up and just miserable. I can handle getting sick, but this was just enough, I have been feeling this way for about 3 weeks now. My mom came out to help with Austin and to help take care of me too, lol. The next day Jason went to work and I stayed home. I called the Doctor's Office and the Nurse gave me some ideas of how to fight it. I have tried it and nothing, so I wasn't going to accept that response. I have already called in several times with the same issue, so she wanted me to come in. She just checked my weight and urine. Well, I lost 4 lbs in a week and I was VERY dehydrated. I was diagnosed with severe hypermesis and was sent home with IV treatments. A nurse came out that evening to start the IV and give me all of the supplies. Oh my goodness, she was here for 3 hours just explaining everything and it was very overwhelming. She poked me several times to get the IV going, and boy did that hurt. It's the digging that gets me, and I just can't stand it. She almost was going to send me to the Hospital to get the IV started! Finally, she got it and I was very happy about that. I got lots of fluids and was feeling better soon. I did great that night, but it was the next day that was really stressing me out. I couldn't handle being hooked to that IV. It made me feel like a prisoner, hard to describe. I haven't felt that way since bedrest with Austin, and I don't EVER want to feel that way again. It scared the heck out of me and I just can't handle it. Sounds silly, I know. Well, I was left alone for about an hour and I ended up having a bad anxiety attack and I pulled the IV out. That was Friday afternoon and now it's Sunday. I haven't thrown up ALL weekend and I have done a good job at controlling my nausea. Yeah, it comes and goes, but I have to learn to keep eating and drinking no matter what! I am doing more of the gagging at any and everything that grosses me out.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Dawn, I feel for you! Nausea makes it so unenjoyable. Don't they say by week 16 it should be gone?? I hope it is way sooner than that! :(

Jill said...

You've been tagged Dawn :)

http://blessedwithtwo.blogspot.com/2008/06/ive-been-tagged.html

Peggy said...

Dawn! What a pleasant surprise! I am happy your pregnant. I hope you feel better and have a healthy pregnancy. Keep us posted!