Thursday, June 12, 2008

Here We Go Again!

We are heading back down that crazy, scary, bumpy, unknown, amazing, awesome, beautiful path that we call Pregnancy! Yes, that's right...I am Pregnant again. Crazy, right? I am as shocked as you are! It was an unexpected surprise, and it took some time to sink in, but we couldn't be happier.

A couple weeks ago I noticed some weird things going on with my body. I had NO appetite at all, and I just had a feeling I was pregnant. I tried to ignore it and just waited a while. Last week I told Jason I had to get a test. He didn't think anything of it. We had to seek "help" getting Pregnant with Austin. Well, we did our errands and the last stop was to get the good old stick to pee on. We got home and I started to feed Austin dinner. Jason went next door to visit the neighbors' newborn baby girl. Ha! That should have told us right then, it was a sign!! Anyway, I fed Austin, put him down and gave him a cookie. He was playing so I figured go ahead and get this out of the way. So, I went and took the test. I left it in the bathroom for about 20 seconds (I think it said it could take 3 minutes for a result.) I ran back in the bathroom and just did a quick glance. This is the kind of digital test that flat out says PREGNANT or NOT PREGNANT. There was no guessing if it was 1 or2 lines. I saw the word PREGNANT and I could not believe it. I put it down and walked around the house in a stumbling, awestruck kind of way. I went back and looked again just to be sure and yep, still PREGNANT. I did this for quite a while. Then I was waiting patiently for Jason to come home. I thought he would just be a few minutes, but he was gone for a while. I just played with Austin and waited. Finally he came home! I asked him how the baby was and he said she was beautiful. He picked up Austin and started to play with him. I asked him if he wanted another one and he just looked at me with a blank stare. I handed him the pee stick that said PREGNANT, very original way to tell the hubby - I know. I wasn't creative at this point, just shocked! Anyway, after looking at the pee stick, Jason just handed Austin to me and sat down. Now it was his turn for the awestruck mentality, but it lasted quite a bit longer for him than me. Poor Guy! Good thing for him the Stanley Cup Playoffs were that night and the Red Wings won!! He really needed to watch that and drink beer, lots of beer. I went for a drive and just let it soak in for a while.

I am doing good now, just struggling with Morning Sickness. It's tough, but worth it in the end. I had it with both other pregnancies too so I expected it. We went to see a high-risk Doctor a couple of days ago. We found out the Docs from last time have all left! They are doing only research or went back to school. We went to a different Hospital and we really liked it there. It looks like we are going with the same plan we did with Austin. We will start the Progesterone shots at 16 weeks and I will be watched very closely. Not looking forward to it, but I can do this. I did it before, and I can do it again. It will not be easy, but that's OK. It will make us stronger as a family. I just have to keep telling myself I can do this! I can do this! I can do this!

At our Doctor visit they did an Ultrasound, and I am 5 weeks along! Not far at all. My cervix measured in at 43 and that is VERY long for me. When I went on bedrest with Austin at 20 weeks it was at 20 or so! It went down to zero several times, but still had a great outcome! I can do this! I can do this! There I go again, lol. Hey, it doesn't hurt to be positive, right? Oh! The due date is February 7th so Austin and baby should be almost 2 years apart. Not too bad at all!

I better get going, we are very busy busy with moving this weekend. UGH! I can't do much, but that's OK.

I can do this! I can do this! I can do this! I can do this! I can do this! Sorry, couldn't help myself. I just need reminding sometimes.

Please keep us in your Prayers. They sure did work last time!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I am so excited with you! Your reaction was kind of like mine last time! The shaky hands and "oh my god!" feeling. I didn't know you needed help with Austin? What kind? How great that they did a cervical measurement right away to see how long it is as a baseline. Have you been taking a multivitamin with folic acid?? I've been doing that just in case we conceive in the future. But, it is scary and you are right to keep thinking you can do this, cause you can. :) I'll be here with you and if you need to call another high-risker to talk you off the ledge, just call :)

Ashley said...

Congratulations on your news! I know it must be scary, but just remember it is all just a tiny, little blip on your radar of life! I'll be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

another fellow bedrester,

ashley

Just me, De said...

Congrats to both you and Jason.

We will keep you both in our prayers.

BTW...does this mean I shouldn't put the baby stuff away anytime soon?

God Bless you all
Grandma De