Wednesday, August 15, 2007

5 Months!!

Yesterday Austin turned 5 whole months old lol!! He is really growing and it is so interesting to watch him now. He is almost on the move and I expect he will be crawling in no time. Every week he changes and develops so much. He loves to stand still, but just recently he started to take steps(like within days.) Of course, he has to be holding on to someone but is it still such an accomplishment.

He is eating rice cereal 2 times a day now and he loves it. He likes to lay on his tummy and have all his toys infront of him. That usually will keep him busy for a while.

Austin seems to think when he is with his Dad, it is play time. All Jason has to do is look at him and Austin reacts with a huge smile and gets very energetic and playful. I try to keep Jason out of his sight around bedtime. I get him all cuddled and sleepy and he looks at Dad and perks right up.

I am the opposite, Austin likes to cuddle with me and knows I am the calm mommy. Around me he will play and we do have fun, but he is much more of a cuddler. When he gets bigger I hope that changes some. I really want to be very involved with his sports and all the fun stuff too!! I won't be a boring mom, I promise!! :)

One downer is he still has the bump on his head. After worring about it I took him to the dermatologist to get a second opinion. The doc did say it is a Hemangioma and not to worry, it will go away in time. That is the key word, time. It could be a couple years. I will try not to worry too much about it.

So all in all things are going wonderfully for the Rockett family. We are looking forward to our Tennessee Vacation coming up in November. Can't wait to get out and have fun with Austin and take him to a new place.

No comments: