Saturday, January 17, 2009

I DID IT!

I am officially full term! I did it, I hit my goal and I am going to have a healthy Baby. I do feel very good about it and I can't wait until I have her... literally. I thought for sure I was going to have her last night. In the afternoon I started to feel contractions, so I went to lay down. They were every 10 minutes apart, then every 5 minutes. I decided after 3 hours to get into Triage. When I got there and got put on the monitor they were showing up every 2-5 minutes! I thought for sure that was it. They checked me and I was still 3cm, They let me hang out for about 2 hours to see if any changes. I was contracting like that the whole time. When they checked me again, I was still the same!!!!! Talk about frustrating. All those darn painful contractions and nothing. They decided to send me home and said to come back if I was contracting every couple minutes and if they hurt. Ummmm, they were doing that then. I guess I will just wait to see what happens. Jason took me out for dinner after that and I got pie to. Yummy. I had contractions through the night until today. I'm still having them, but they have slowed down a bit.

I went out today and walked in the mall to see if I could get things going. We will see what happens. We do have a induction date set for Feb 3rd, but I don't think I will make it that far. The Doctors in Triage didn't think I would either.

2 comments:

Jill said...

So Dawn, any more contractions? I can't believe you didn't have her!!! I guess its good they didn't automatically induce you. Hopefully you can go through labor without pitocin or anything. Are you going to use an epidural?

Peggy said...

YAY Dawn!! Well... it's a week later... did you have her?