Friday, November 9, 2007

Our 1st Family Vacation!

We just got back from our first vacation as a family. It was for sure a different experience to travel with a 7 month old, but a good one.

We left last Friday for Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The drive down was a good one. We left around 7pm, and Austin went to bed for the night at 7:15. For the most part he slept through the night. He woke up a couple times to eat and for a diaper change. We didn't get there until about 3:30am. I was so tired by the time we got there, and it was so dark I couldn't see anything. We didn't get much sleep and woke up about 7am. When I woke up, I looked outside and the view was so beautiful. We were on a HUGE Mountain!!

We did a little every day and Austin had to take his daily naps. Mommy was on the same nap schedule as Austin and got lots of rest :) We had to go buy him a new fun toy because he was getting so restless with all the same old stuff. We couldn't babyproof the room too well and it seemed every day Austin had a new bump or scratch from falling. We really had to keep an eye on him, not that we usually dont.

Austin got so much attention from the Tennessee Folk. They are so friendly and really enjoyed him. Complete strangers came over to talk to him and hold him. This doesn't usually happen in Michigan. I had to get used to it, but it was really nice. Austin loved all the attention and he was too cute. He met Santa for the first time. At first he was ok, and let Santa hold him and play on his sled. After a few minutes he started to cry and wanted to get away from the crazy looking man. It was cute, and I had to sneak a few pictures.

The ride home was a rough one. We had to entertain Austin most of the time and lots of stops. He was very miserable, but I couldn't blame him. He is glad to be home and out of the car.

It was an amazing get away for us and we really needed it. We got a lot of Family time, I will forever treasure our time together in Tennessee. The slideshow tells the story, sorry its so long! I couldn't help it...Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jill said...

oh! I don't know where to start. I was trying to remember all I wanted to say during the slideshow...

1. whoever takes the lanscape pix has a VERY good eye

2. Austin looks like such a good-natured and sweet little boy. Reminds me of Nicholas.

3. You look great!

4. I can't believe all you did! And with a 7 mo old! Looks super fun!

5. Thanks for sharing!

:)