Thursday, November 1, 2007

1st Halloween


Austin liked the big pumpkin

Austin and Gramps
On Gramp's Motorcycle!


Grandma Rockett

Mrs. Donnelly
Austin and Vlady

He was worn out by the end of his 1st Halloween!

Yesterday was Austin's 1st Halloween. He had a fun day. I could tell he enjoyed himself.


As I was driving through our subdivision on my way home from work, I noticed Trick-or-Treaters' were all ready out! It was only 5!! When I got home Jason felt reallybad because kids were knocking on the door and he didn't have any candy. We didn't plan on staying home, so we didn't purchase any. I could have done what my mom used to do...Put a really big bowl of candy on the porch and a nice note saying,"Please just take one. Happy Halloween!" Yeah right, I think every year the first kid would come and dump the bowl. Anyway, we hurried and packed up Austin and his fun Halloween stuff.

We headed over to Jason's Dad's house (Gramps.) He was getting ready to pass out candy. He had all the good candy, and some full size candy bars - A little kids jackpot when Trick-or-Treating. I went inside and got Austin all dressed up in his Monkey costume. It worked out very well because he was all bundled up and his ears were covered as well. We all headed outside to help pass out candy and pose for some pics.I was admiring all of the cute costumes. I have to say, by far Hanna Montana was the most popular costume this year! She was everywhere. I loved to see all of the other kids Austin's age all dressed up. There were Tigger and Pooh's, Pumpkin's and other little Monkeys. Too Cute!

Jason and I decided to put Austin in the stroller and head over to see Grandma Rockett. We surprised her and we visited with her and Tracy for a few. Then down the block to visit the Donnellys' and off to see Kurt. We made a couple other stops too, but I can't write them all down.

Anyway, we headed back to Gramp's house. Austin and I headed inside to get warm and eat. He was too excited to eat and we mostly played. He was in such a happy fun mood. He was crawling all over and playing with Vlady(Gramp's Dog.) Poor Vlady has Cancer, and it seems to be moving very fast. She has lost a lot of weight and has multiple tumors on her neck and chest. I don't think she has too long. That is a big reason we went there, so Austin could see her and so we could say Goodbye. I got a lot of beautiful pics of Vlady and Austin.

My mom headed over to see Austin after she got off work, and then he got really excited. They played for a while and she dropped off some goodies for him.

When we got home, Austin was exhausted. I gave him a bottle, and he was off to sleep. It was a perfect 1st Halloween. Jason and I didn't even go trick-or-treating and somehow we ended up with a bag of candy!

No comments: