Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Better Experience

Yesterday, Jason and I took Austin to the Doctor. We didn't go because he is still sick(he is feeling much better), we went because we were thinking of switching ped's. Just from walking in to the new office, I felt so much better. It was so different from the other. It was big, busy and had Children of all ages. The staff was very helpful and friendly. A Nurse came right out to look at Austin. He was sleeping in his carrier as she was "oogling" and "aweing" over him. She was very friendly and welcomed us to the office!


When we were called back to the exam room by another Nurse, she was just as friendly. She was great with Austin and gave him a fishy tattoo. I don't think I will put it on him, but it was a nice gesture. The atmosphere was very fun yesterday due to the fact it was Halloween. The nurses had on witch hats, green hair, spooky fun shirts, and painted faces. Austin was in a very good mood and he was all smiles.


We were waiting for a few minutes, then this lady walked in who was the most festive with her costume. I don't even think I could tell you what she was dressed up as. It was a combination of Witch, Hippee, and Ragedy Ann. She introduced herself as the Nurse Practioner who would be seeing Austin. She apologized she had to meet us for the first time in such a wacky get up. I didn't mind, it was Halloween and she was doing in for the kids. She was very friendly with us and great with Austin. I could tell she has Children of her own. She talked with us for a while, examined Austin, then talked some more. It was wonderful and we were very comfortable.

Austin did great and he weighs 18lbs 14oz and he is 28 1/4 in long. He is growing great and the exam went prefect. We talked about Vacation, and she said he is perfect to go and have fun in Tennessee!

I left there feeling great because all of my questions were answered and I feel Austin received wonderful care.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I am so glad your appointment went well with the NP. Sounds like a fabulous child-centered place. It also appears your little boy is growing like a weed! You must be taking such great care of him! :)