Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Peaceful Night...Kind of :/

As I stated before Austin has been having sleeping problems. We started the "cry it out" method, and it has been hit or miss with him. Most nights he goes down and after sleeping a few he is right back up crying and screaming!! He does this all night, and it makes Mommy and Daddy zombies during the day.

Austin likes to try and stay awake until his Daddy gets home. Jason works late, he is usually home between 7 and 9 depending on the day. Last evening he was being a fussy baby. The only thing that cheered him up with his bath. For some reason when he is in the bath he loves to laugh at everything!! It is adorable, and we love bath time!! Anyway, after bath, he was fussy and miserable again. I was fed up, and it was 7:30 so I just decided to put him to bed. He was drowsy when he went down, then as soon as I set him in the crib he stood up and started to scream! He hates it, but too bad. I turned on his mobile, gave him a kiss and left his room. After about 10 mintues he was out. A few hours later, a train went by and woke him up. Jason cuddled him and put him right back down. That lasted for about an hour and he was right back up. I was way too tired, and just let him cry.

To my surprise...I woke up at 7:20am (slept in for work..oops) and Austin was still asleep in his crib!!! This is the first time this has ever happened. Jason woke up and couldn't believe it. Austin slept until about 8 this morning. It was so nice!!!

So, it was not a perfect night but it was better than normal. After 2 weeks of this mess, I think we are finally making some progress.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Yay sleep! That stinks that you have a train close by, not good for sleeping babies! I hope your nights get better and better:)