Friday, August 29, 2008

Looking Good

I have had a pretty good week so far. Yesterday was great. Jason helped out around the house a lot and hung up our family pics and some shelves. I love it here so much more now. Really feels like home. He still has to paint, but I will take it easy on him.

Yesterday was Gymboree Day for Austin too. He did so well, much better. He was participating so much more and even stayed around for the singing and the big parachute. It was so cute. We will probably keep him in there for a while because I am noticing such an improvement in him. He is finally starting to talk some more. The words are not too clear, but he is saying a lot. He says ball, uh oh, daddy, mama, home, and he has is own language too. When he gets excited he will babble and it's so cute. We have to get that on video! He loves to Dance. When he hears music he will stomp his feet and wave his arms. He looks like a old man dancing. It is adorable. He is 17 Months old now. Hard to believe he is going to be a Big Brother!!!

I went to the OB today and all was still well. Cervix was great and I was happy about that. I got to meet with the other Doc today and he was awesome. He talked to us about the Cerclage and wanted to know why we declined. Jason explained because I experience preterm labor and contractions. The cerclage would not hold my cervix shut if I am contracting and is a big risk for infection. The Doc decided to look over my file from when I had Autumn. HE had a nurse go to the records and get the report from my placenta. The report showed the reason why I had Autumn so early. I have never known this, no one ever called me with this information. The report said I had a major lever 3 infection. He said it was impossible and dangerous for me to be pregnant any longer like that. Autumn's best chance was to be born. I was shocked! He said due to that, he for sure is against a cerclage. He is going to monitor me every 2 weeks with a visit and ultrasound for cervical length. I was glad we had the chance to see him. So I will go back in 2 weeks and hopefully with know the Sex of the baby. Bummer Jason will be out of town when I go.

Here is a Pic from Austin a couple days ago. Him and Dad were outside playing.

1 comment:

Jill said...

WOW! I suppose that is so good to know the actual reason for Autumn's early delivery. Crazy you never were told up until now. Sounds like you are with an excellent Dr.
So skipping the cerclage and having frequent checks sounds like an excellent plan. I hope this calms your worries a bit.
I love the picture of Austin. Great exposure!