Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kinda Sorta Bedrest - Day 1

I went to the Doctor this morning and I am officially taken off work. I am to take it easy, very easy. I am not yet on Bedrest, so that's good. My cervix was still closed and long. Couldn't be happier about that. My BP was normal for the first time there this pregnancy. I have been taking it at home and it's been very normal every time. I get very anxious when I am there for some reason. I heard the heartbeat and loved every second of that. He or she is a mover and has to be chased. Austin and Autumn were the same way.

Anyway, all looks good so far. They are taking precautions and taking me off work before things get bad in hopes that they will hold off longer before they do get bad. With Austin it was 20 weeks, and I am now 15 or 16 weeks along. My shots start next week. The nurse will come to my house once a week until I am 36 weeks along. I loved my nurse last time, but we are not in the same area so we will see who it is.

While we were at the office there was a girl there who reminded me so much of myself and the road ahead. Her cervix was getting very short and they were sending her to the Hospital for possibly the rest of her Pregnancy. She was crying and beside herself with anxiety of being stuck in the Hospital with complications. I understand how she feels and I just wanted to give her a hug. My heart broke for her. I sure hope I can stay home for my pregnancy, but we will see how this goes.

I have been seeing a Psychologist about my anxiety and it has been helping a lot. She is the nicest Woman, and I think talking to her will really help me pull through this constant worrying. I wish I would have done this when I was pregnant with Austin. Hopefully I will not have postpartum depression after this baby is born. I had that with Autumn and Austin bad, and that was very tough.

Things I hope to have done soon so I can try to enjoy my bedrest...

*Get the house clean
*Get ready for baby - too soon for that.
*Study and learn Photography more
*Catch up on TV - Can't wait for the new Fall season
*I hope Jason will paint, but I know he is a very busy guy
*Get Netflix
*Keep Austin happy and Busy - Gymboree starts tomorrow. That should be a great activity for now
*I can't think of anything else right now

Oh, I find out the sex of the Baby on September 16th!!!

Thats all for now. I am on Day 1 and I am bored already. I'm also frustrated I can't clean my house myself. Jason has tomorrow off, so I will keep him busy.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thats good to make a to-do list. I would so talk to a psychologist too. Thats an awesome thing to do. Does she come to you since you are on bedrest? You are going to do great Dawn!