Friday, December 19, 2008

Snowed In

Well here I am laying inside and trapped, but not by bedrest this time. Its a Blizzard outside!! I love the snow, but can't stand to go out in it. Looks like we will have a white Christmas for sure, yay! We haven't taken Austin outside in the snow yet because he hasn't been feeling well. Well he acts fine, but has a bad case of Diarrhea. I called his Doctor's Office this morning and they can't see him today because they were closing at 10am due to the snow! He is going to go in on Monday, until then we will be enforcing the B.R.A.T diet and hopefully that will help him a lot.

Other than that Austin has been doing very well. I think he is ready for Santa to come. He keeps pointing at our Santa decorations and saying, "Ho Ho Ho." He also loves to wear his Santa hat from last year, but it doesn't fit him well at all. I love this time I get to spend with Austin, even though I am stuck on the couch. It is going to be so nice when Kayla gets here. I just love being a Mother and feel so blessed right now. I am really trying to enjoy these last few weeks of Pregnancy because thats it for this family.

I went to the Doctor yesterday and thankfully I had another really good appointment. The cervix is still long and closed. I had another nice talk with the Doctor and she said everything looks great. I was a little concerned because I gained 8lbs in 2 weeks, but she said it is ok because I am on bedrest and don't do a lot. I feel so huge I can't stand it. It is going to be very difficult to lose the baby weight, but I will do it because I have to. Anyway, she said I can probably come off restrictions next week. I can't believe I am that far along already. I might go to the movies and out to dinner and lots of baby shopping. I say that now, but I am usually too tired to get out and do anything. I have been getting out here and there and it really takes a lot out of me. I am in a lot of pain and exhausted and just want to get back to my cozy couch. We will see how it goes. I am not thinking much about complications anymore. I only have one more ultrasound on Monday and one more cervix check. After that they wont even look unless I am in labor! My mind is fixated on the delivery now. I am terrified to go through that again, but I know in the end it will all be worth it.

We are looking forward to Christmas and have lots of plans with Family. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Jill said...

So how many weeks are you now Dawn? I loose track. How wonderful that your restrictions are soon to be lifted. Its a LOT of work to regain strength and stamina after bed rest (as you know). Its amazing what it takes out of you. I can't believe soon enough Kayla pictures will be on your blog!!!