Friday, December 5, 2008

The end is near

I haven't been blogging as much lately. I guess it's because I have been up a little more and trying to stay away from the computer for a while. I will be 32 weeks on Friday, huge milestone for high risk pregnancy! I went in for a visit last week and my cervix was still long and closed. I got brave and asked the Doctor if I could go out to the baby store in a stroller and out to dinner and she said yes! That day when I left I went to Carters and loaded up on a few things for Kayla. The next day went to Babies R Us and to Dinner. I hurt so bad I couldn't stand it and just wanted to go back home, go figure! I am no where near ready for Kayla, but I am getting there slowly.

I went in today for an Ultrasound and it went very well. Cervix is still very long and closed, great news. I was so happy. She is just over 4 pounds and adorable. She has a lot of hair too!! Austin went in with us and when he saw the lady putting gel on my belly he was saying Ow. Then he saw the baby on the screen and said Wow! He kept saying baby too. It was adorable and I am so glad he went. They have a fountain there and he always throws pennies in and we make wishes for Kayla to be healthy. He loves going to the Doctor with us. Today we went to Dennys and Toys R Us and it was great. I wasn't nearly as sore after moving around so much.

If I keep doing so well I will be off bedrest by christmas and my shots will also be done by then! I am excited and feel much less stressed. I have been contracting like crazy for a couple weeks and they are not making a difference at all, so they must be braxton hicks. I have also been very uncomfortable with the baby being so low. I thought for sure I was dilated or something, but nope not yet.


1 comment:

Jill said...

I was going to email you and see if everything was alright since I check your blog a lot and there wasn't anything there! lol Glad you posted. How cool is it that things are going so well this time! I can't believe in 2 months she'll be here already. Thats so wonderful. She is a nice weight for 32 weeks too. I love your u/s pics too. She looks so cute. Please keep me updated on how you are doing!