Monday, April 14, 2008

The Blanket



This is The Blanket.

The Blanket that my Mom started while I was Pregnant. She made it slowly, circle by circle. When I was in the Hospital time after time, she was by my side making this blanket. While I lay there every day worrying about the pregnancy, she made this blanket.

Little did I know she was as worried as I was about the pregnancy. When I look back I don't remember seeing her worries. I remember seeing her working hard on this Blanket, and it made me feel safe. It made me feel safe because I knew everything would be ok. I knew Austin would be ok and he would one day be cuddled up in this blanket. This is the Blanket, the very special Blanket that we will Cherish forever. Thank you Nana for all of your support and of course for the blanket. It is not just a Blanket, it is a feeling of safety, a feeling that everything will be ok.



5 comments:

Jill said...

Oh how sweet! You could post the pictures and writing into a frame on your wall! What a sweet story! Funny how moms can hide their fear from their children. I'm sure you do it for Austin now and I to my two. You just always want your children to feel as safe as you can make them regardless of their age.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

bridgetsmommy07 said...

How sweet! I remember your mom working on this blanket when we would come and visit you. He will cherish that blanket forever.

Ashley said...

what a wonderful symbol for you and austin. it will be cherished for years and years and years! thanks for sharing the story!

ashley

Peggy said...

What beauitful pictures and a beautiful post! Home made blankets are the most special. Austin can keep his forever and it can be passed on to his kids:) We were given my husband's handmade blankets for our babies.