Friday, March 7, 2008

Food Blues

Austin is mostly off the formula. We switched on Wednesday when Jason had the day off. The first day went very well and Austin drank his milk from a sippy cup and everything. He still isn't so good at holding it up on his own. Well, yesterday he for sure refused the sippy, and wasn't too interested in the milk. We had to default back to formula. This morning I had the idea of warming the milk up and he liked it much better, but it was in a bottle-DOH! This sippy cup and milk thing is going to be a struggle.

He hasn't been eating much for the past few days either. He seems to spit anything out that is lumpy, which is strange because he loved that stuff about a week ago. I think he may be teething or coming down with something. These symptoms do fall under teething.

Anyway, I just wanted to update about Austin since I haven't posted in a while. His 1st Birthday is a week from today!! I know every mom thinks this, but I can't believe a year has gone by already! I am taking off work on his Birthday and we are going to decorate the house with birthday stuff. We are having his Birthday Party at Chuck E Cheese the following day, so we won't be able to decorate there.We are making up for it at the house. We will do some other fun stuff on his Birthday, I just don't know what yet.

Here is a fun pic from Grandma De. He sure likes the toybox!


5 comments:

Peggy said...

Wow, I was going to ask how old he was. I was wondering when I can switch from formula. Sure will save lots of $$$$!!! Sounds to me like he may be teething. Poor little guy. Teething stinks!
How exciting to have a birthday! I know you are excited, I am getting excited for 3 months from now!

Fun pic from De? Like Delaware? Were you in Del?
I bought Zach that toybox for his 1st bday. I don't think he needs it any more at age 8, so I am going to give it to the twins:)

Just me, De said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Just me, De said...

I hope he is feeling better with his birthday coming. It's not fair to be feeling crummy on your B-Day.
Hope I am still Gramma De.

Just me, De said...

I hope he is feeling better with his birthday coming. It's not fair to be feeling crummy on your B-Day.
Hope I am still Gramma De.

Jill said...

The sippy cup/milk thing will come. It seems all of a sudden they start to catch on. And mine only use the straw cups, so we still need to work on regular cups.
Can't believe he is almost one!!!