Thursday, April 2, 2009

Doctor Visit!

We took the kids to the Doctor today. It was my first time to a Texas Doctor and first time taking 2 kids for check ups. Kayla for her 2 month and Austin for his 2 year. The office was very nice and had several big play jungle jim type toys for Austin. He played quietly while we waited. That was nice.

Austin did quite well. He is still a skinny guy, weighs 26 pounds. He listened very well and loved the Doctor. Our Doc for sure looked like a Cowboy to me. The way he was dressed made me giggle. I was quite impressed with him and the care the kids received. He took his time and visited with us and Austin. I liked my Doctor back home, but this was just a different experience to me. Austin is in the Terrible 2's and he gave me some pointers on how to handle him. It can't last forever though!

Kayla is 12 pounds and doing awesome. Her Thrush has gone away finally. She does have cradle cap, but no big deal. She got her 1st shots and it broke my heart. Jason had to leave the room because Austin couldn't sit still. Kayla also had to get bloodwork. They did that right after the shots so she was quite upset. I wish Jason could have stayed in there with us.

1 comment:

Jill said...

It must feel like a different world sometimes being in TX after living in MI. Does everyone have an accent too? :)
Austin is bigger than Celia. Nicholas is 26 lbs and Celia is about 23 lbs at almost 27 months old. They are both tall though. How tall is Austin?